Friday, December 11, 2009

IELTS

IELTS prep course + exams = FUN

okay the exam part was just okay, not exactly FUN.. but the prep course course at Brittish Council was fun =). the reasons?
well, it was the first time being taught by 'ang moh' teachers ( Emma, Emily and Simon- You guys are great). they have great sense of humour. some of you might say they would of course treat you well cos' we have paid for it but to me, i guessed it was worth paying the fee to attend the course. secondly, I had got great compliments from them for my essays which made me real happy. meeting people from different backgrounds whom many were older me. Mehdi from Iraq, someone from Yemen, Kenny who is studying in Uni of Tasmania, Sin Yi a friendly working lady from Butterworth, Nazrin JPA scholar, Maziah a nice kakak to me, Yin Huey from Taiping the other girl who is also 18 like me and some others. the short course lasted from 1st Dec to 4th Dec,  6pm-9.15pm.

Exam 5 Dec 2009
the night before, came back from class, ate supper, went through my papers till 1am. next morning.  was awake by 5.30am but toss around on the bed till 6.15am.
 headed straight to Cititel Hotel by 7.30am.
Registration started at 8am. Given a small piece with my name, candidate no, ID, and 1st language code printed on it. my candidate number was 000777. what a nice number =) my speaking test was scheduled at 4.50pm! wth Got to wait for such a long period after finishing the rest of the papers.

Exam ( Listening, Reading and Writing) started at about 9.15am and ended around 12 noon. it was freezing cold inside. part of my brain and hands were half-frozen already. To those who are planning to take the exam, do rememeber to bring along your sweaters. Like HSC exams, time management was relly crucial. My HSC friend Li Chen was there too so we went out for lunch together since her speaking test was scheduled at 5.10pm.

Returned to the hotel and both of us sat there doing nothing, almost bored to death. Sms-ed janice and mone coz too bored d. told them there's a tall and good-looking ang moh guy. Jan replied telling me to concentrate in my exams. hahaha. suddenly he came and stand opposite us, i was like " go and stand other places ler" i don't know where i should look. LOL. Later the teacher called the guy and li chen and I were shocked as he was actually not an ang moh. his name was elija sadam. probably from the Middle East. sweat case right?  typical me...

waited till like 3.50 for the speaking test. i was the second last. saw the uncle who supplies books to CGL and he recognised me. his wife was one of the examiner! so coincidentally, i was examined by her. trying my best to recall the questions.
Part 1:  asked for my full name, where i was from, any sports played, erm can't remember the rest
Part 2: Questioon on the prompt card: what course would you like to take if you have the time? well, i did a practice in British Council on that similar question so i was able to answer the question, but still had some long pauses. ish. of course i replied a course on baking and cooking! hehehe..
Part 3: more general questions and opinions eg. do you think those who are guided by teachers will be more successful than those those are home-schooling?
the entire exam was pretty smooth except having to write and think as fast i could in a freezing cold hall!
~the End~

left hotel at about 4.45pm. bathed and headed to Kampachi in Equatorial Hotel  for japanese buffet for family gathering which at the same time served as my post-IELTS celebration. lotza pictures taken and had a fun night.


 

No comments: