Thursday, March 24, 2011

my 20th birthday

I've come to realise that so long as I'm not in Malaysia, i won't be able to celebrate my birthday with my family and high school friends. the last birthday i spent with my family and 'lao peng yous' was 2 years back when I was in HSC, it's as though i knew i wont be celebrating my birthday with them for a long time after that, so i requested for a birthday celebration at home..

My 19th birthday surprise was planned by my beloved sis with a bunch of IH people celebrating it for me, some whom i don't really talk much at all already, hahaahha! but there are a few whom i grew much closer to.

This year, everyone was sort of like separated since we're not staying in IH anymore, i thought "hmm, i shouldn't be expecting anything special whatsoever" but another side of me was like "hmm, maybe they will have a surprise for me?" Lucky me, my second thought came true. Erm, I did have a random guess like how the surprise was gonna turn out to be etc.. but Jane was really clever in covering it up.


*fast forward*(happened 2 days before my birthday) 2 days be  When i followed Jane to her kitchen to take my food, suddenly i heard "SURPRISE!!" i practically shouted and was surprised!! LOLOL!! They baked choc chip cookies and made a colourful card for me =) Most importantly, I got to blow birthday candles and make birthday wishes. To me, that's two most important thing that a person should get for his/her birthday. no need big celebration/surprise(though it'll be an added bonus), just let me blow my candles and make my birthday wishes, i'll be satisfied.


Later that night, we went for dinner at Madtongsan 2 for korean cuisine. i celebrated my birthday at madtongsan 1 last year, hahaha! I enjoyed the dinner with all the gossips and laughters. Other people were looking at our table cos we talked and laughed so loudly!

On my birthday itself, i did not do much since i already had an early celebration. received a call from Janice at 2am in the morning, i was already ZZzzzz like a pig d. Just replying to the FB wishes one by one. got wishes from people i don't really talked too, oh well, they're FB friends..hahahaha! Jane bought me my fav Japanese cupcakes, that came unexpected as well .

End of birthday video calling with my parents! =)


all my buddies who planned the surprise


Present from Jane. Jap green tea cupakes from 2in1 bakery! YUMSSSss

all the sweet birthday messages up on my board!
Now I have a big number 2 in front of my age already, no longer a teen! but still is one at heart..

p.s. thank you to Mone, Janice, Angelin and Kp for the birthday sms-es all the way from Malaysia!!

No comments: