Monday, March 22, 2010

Orientaion Week at International House: Part 1

this post is supposed to be written way back then..hehe, i just can't find a suitable time =)

Sunday, 21st February:
My parents last day in Brisbane but i did not get to spend time with them for the O week for IH has already started. First time had lunch in IH alone. I really don't know where to sit after taking my food. Knowing that i have not much choice but to open my mouth and say hi to people, i courageously approached a Chinese guy and say "Hello". there goes all the introduction and stuff. then later i noticed there was a girl beside me so i said hi to her. Her name is Genny from the Phillipines. You people should know she's quite close to me by now through all the FB photos.

Monday, 22nd February:
First day without daddy and mummy in Aussie. Participated in the first IH activity- Speed Dating. We have to play a game to find our date. i don't really know how to describe it but i had fun coz i was being carried by several guys for several times! hehehe..i was quite scared they would injured themselves carrying me. so found a date. so the guys are supposed to pick up the girls for dinner in their respective rooms with a small gift for his date. I got 5 candies as a gift =) later that night, there was a "circus" themed party but i did not go coz i'm still not used to the environment.

Tuesday,23rd Feb
Fire alarm woke us all up at 6.50AM!! the sound of the siren was so squeeky and i practically just jumped of my bed with my heart pumping like 100XX faster. It was fire drill. Right after that, we were forced to go for a morning jog in whatever we are wearing. Some were even in their towels only! The was a very long and tiring jog! gosh, luckily i did not puke.LOL. Came back, showered and washed my hair.
At 11.ooAM, went for IH Amazing Race in the city but it's seriously not a race at all( we were taking our own sweet time completingthe task) Came back, bathed and washed my hair again. At 8.00pm, we had to run around the super hude UQ campus to take pictures of us in certain buildings. my teammates were all running from one place to another. i had a really difficult time catching up, really felt like crying there man! the activities are all sweaty wan. Came back, showered and washed my hair AGAIN for the THIRD time! Mom called and i was in tears complaining about all my running! hahaha! Never in my life have I run so much before! However i was proud of myself that i could complete all the running  instead of giving up half way through.

Wednesday. 24th feb:
It's UQ Market Day. Lots of clubs set up stalls along the corridors and a lot of freebies and food. So my friends and I had free ice creams and Bundaberg(it's an aussie brand) drinks. Genny and I chatted with handsome guy at dinner. He's a mix of Canadian and Malaysian Chinese. So I'll let you do the imagination. Nothing much in the afternoon but i went for Coffee Crawl in the night. It's basically just visits to a few famous cafes in Brisbane, drinking cafe latte, cofee, teas and italian hot chocolate. After that, we proceeded to Mt Cootha for night view of the city from the lookout platform. I had a good night!


                                         beverages we had during Coffee Crawl. i love the latte art!


Italian Hot Chocolate: it's really thick!


At the Mt Cootha Lookout

No comments: